DITALS Centre – Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language
The DITALS Centre, project partner of EAQUALS International Association – Evaluation and Accreditation of Quality in Language Services – since 2008, undertakes research and offers services relating to the design, implementation and administration of the DITALS Certification (Certification of Competence in Teaching Italian to Foreigners).
DITALS Certification attests that holders have the theoretical and practical skills necessary to work as L2 Italian teachers. There are three levels of DITALS Certification.
- DITALS BASE: for Italian teachers abroad whose native language is not Italian and Italians starting out on the training process.
- DITALS Level I: certifies a good teaching competence in Italian as a Foreign Language, especially with regard to specific students (children; teenagers; adults and the elderly; immigrants; university students; learners of Italian origin; learners with a specific mother tongue; tourist-hotel staff; Catholic clergy; USA – University Study Abroad students).
- DITALS Level II: certifies an advanced teaching competence in Italian as a Foreign Language, whatever the context and learner profile.
Why choose DITALS Certification?
Because DITALS Certification:
- ensures assessment of the teaching competence in Italian as a Foreign Language on the basis of valid and reliable criteria, in accordance with the parameters laid down by the European Profiling Grid;
- is chosen each year by more than 2000 Italian and foreign candidates;
- is increasingly recognised within the work arena and valid in many educational contexts in Italy and abroad.
You can find the exam dates and exam prices here.